[TxMt] Icon Suggestion

Mats Persson mats at imediatec.co.uk
Thu Dec 16 10:11:34 UTC 2004

On 13 Dec 2004, at 13:52, Torsten Becker wrote:
> i would like to hear some opinions how you like it or not.

I must say that your icon is among the best I've seen so far. I even
replaced my own creation with yours :)

I have spent the past few days looking at the icon in the dock, and
there has been something slightly irritating about it. Here's how I
think it could be improved further.

1.	The 'head' is too big on the figure, and I think it lacks features,
such as eyes and a smile.  ( Is it just me that is reminded of a
children's program from ages ago where the characters were big
colourful blobs ? )

2.	The icon looks a bit too flat and 2 dimensional compared to the
others in the dock. It needs a little bit of 3D effects done to it to
make it fit in better.

Perhaps you could provide us with a couple of source files, one of the
background papers and one of the figure, so that we could have a play
around with it ?  Never used inkscape, and is not too keen on
installing it either, so perhaps you could provide them as .png's or
some other common format for Illustrator/Freehand/Photoshop.

Kind regards,

Mats