[TxMt] TextMate protocol

Eric Ocean subscriber at ampede.com
Mon Dec 13 23:03:16 UTC 2004

Awhile back I seem to remember Allen suggesting he could create a
TextMate protocol (e.g. txmt://path/to/my/file). I've come to the
conclusion that if this was available, I would use it a lot.

Here's one example:

I use Markdown syntax for most of my writing nowadays, but once I've
written something, I want to view it looking nice in a web browser.
Invariably, I need to edit the file later. I have three options: I
could put up a text area and edit it in the web browser. I could launch
my ftp program and Edit Externally... the file. Or I could
automatically launch TextMate, my editor of choice, with a simple
txmt:// link on the web page.

Best, Eric