[TxMt] Re: Bug report: Perl syntax highlighting [version 1.0.2b10#553]

Eric Hsu erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
Fri Dec 10 20:45:38 UTC 2004

Thanks to Xavier Noria for his bug list for the Perl bundle.  I have
fixed some of them in a new version (see the wiki, or my page
http://math.sfsu.edu/hsu/textmate for the archive and details.

Here are the fixes:

	adjusted $foo{bar} so the first brace isn't highlighted
	q qq qw qx quoting recognized
	POD recognized (from =head1 to =cut)
	__END__ __DATA__, __FOO__ all recognized
	added Perl to One-liner command

Known problems:
	many autoquotes not highlighted right:	here-docs not quoted,
hashkeys in => notation.

I invite anyone else to take a crack to getting the autoquotes right,
in the cases that Xavier noted. (I am travelling for the next three
weeks!)

The problem with doing here-docs right is that the start and end
delimiters change with each case, so we'd have to use backreferencing
in the 'end' parameter, and I don't think that's currently possible.

- Eric

ps. I wonder how hard it would be (  maybe for 2.0! :) ) to have TM
simply use vim syntax files, or some other well-worked format...
--
Eric Hsu, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
San Francisco State University
erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
http://math.sfsu.edu/hsu