[TxMt] FeatureRequest: Simpler way of changing FileEncodings (and converting line endings)

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Thu Dec 2 19:07:10 UTC 2004

On Dec 2, 2004, at 9:53, Ivar Åsell wrote:

> I might have missed something but right now all I know of is the
> "Re-Open With Encoding:" menu which I rarely use.

You can change file encoding and line endings in the save (as) panel.

The Re-open menu item is only if you e.g. load a MacRoman file and TM
thinks it's iso-8859-1 or similar.

Though I'm aware that not all find it convenient to have to open the
save panel to choose save encoding, so it may eventually end up in the
currently sparse status bar.