[txmt-dev] Re: Split Views Implementation

Steven Clukey saclukey at live.com
Thu Jan 22 04:54:14 UTC 2015

On Jan 14, 2015, at 2:51 PM, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:

> I noticed two things with the shortcuts:
>
> * The shortcut for splitting horizontally is the same as changing language. So it conflicts with selecting any language starting with a D :(. BTW is cmd+D and cmd+D+shift available?

Aha, another conflict indeed. This is getting tricky. I think (heavy on the think) cmd+D is open, but many bundles use cmd+shift+D for an open command of sorts.

> * If I have split the window in four views: top-left, top-right, bottom-left, bottom-right. When using the shortcuts to navigate from top-left to top-right. Then pressing ctrl+alt+left-arrow it goes to the bottom-left view. I would have expected it to go back to the top-left view instead, i.e. always staying on the same “row"

Yeah, thats a good idea, I added a heuristic to try to figure this out. Does a decent job I’d say, even though the code is especially clunky.

Steven Clukey