[txmt-dev] Re: Commit window revisited

Mon Jul 28 19:43:42 UTC 2014

On 28 Jul 2014, at 19:42, Ronald Wampler wrote:

> […] Thoughts?

I think sheet is better than singleton, although it could look at
TM_PROJECT_UUID to make it single-instance per-project, but that can
still lead to dangling commit windows.

For showing diffs from a sheet, if we set TM_PROJECT_UUID to a newly
generated UUID for the TM_MATE process then the diffs should open in its
own window (might be good to generate one UUID per commit window session
so all diffs go into same window).

I don’t think moving the commit window to the dialog plug-in is giving
us any advantages other than maybe remove some code redundancy in that
both the dialog plug-in and commit window controller sets up a
connection for communicating between shell and TM, but this could maybe
be factored out into reusable code.

It might make more sense to migrate the dialog plug-in code into the
main TextMate code base. The reason it was made as a plug-in was partly
to allow it to be F/OSS (before TM’s core) and partly for separation
of concerns.