[txmt-dev] Re: Multiple authentication dialogs

Fri Jul 11 10:41:40 UTC 2014

On 11 Jul 2014, at 11:32, Etienne Samson wrote:

> […] it doesn't seem to cache authentication — i.e, if I edit one
> of the chown'ed files and save, I get the standard authentication
> dialog. Moments after that, I notice I made a typo, if I fix it and
> save again it just asks again for my password.
>
> Is that expected, or something that could be improved ?

I don’t know — it used to work, and I do set a timeout for the right
to 900 seconds:

	% security authorizationdb read com.macromates.textmate.openfile|pp

	{	allow-root = :true;
		authenticate-user = :true;
		class = "user";
		created = 424102476;
		group = "admin";
		modified = 424102476;
		session-owner = :false;
		shared = :false;
		timeout = 900;
		tries = 10000;
		version = 0;
	}

I’m a little busy today as I am leaving for a 2 week holiday tomorrow,
so not something I can play with, but given that you are writing
textmate-dev, perhaps you can tinker with this yourself.

For what it’s worth, calling ‘sudo mate /etc/hosts’ does cache the
authorization. Here ‘mate’ obtains the ‘system.privilege.admin’
right (because I was unable to create my own right and make it
obtainable as root w/o requiring additional admin password).

Other than the comment for ‘system.privilege.admin’ I see no
difference between them.