[txmt-dev] Multiple authentication dialogs

Etienne Samson samson.etienne at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 09:32:14 UTC 2014

Hello all !

I've been working on a PHP application that needs write access to some of its file. As such, I chown'ed most of its files and directories to our dear www user so that the application works correctly.

I'm having an issue with TextMate because it doesn't seem to cache authentication — i.e, if I edit one of the chown'ed files and save, I get the standard authentication dialog. Moments after that, I notice I made a typo, if I fix it and save again it just asks again for my password.

Is that expected, or something that could be improved ? I think you can reproduce it by editing one of the /etc/ files (I wasn't really a bother in that case, but now that I'm web-developing it really hampers productivity to have to enter your password on most saves).

Regards,
Etienne Samson
samson.etienne at gmail.com