[txmt-dev] Re: University students seeking to contribute to TextMate

Benjamin Madueme bmadueme at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Oct 29 11:26:09 UTC 2012

Hi Allan, TextMate devs,

First of all, many apologies for our long belated reply.  We've been a
bit busy, and it doesn't help that we're not too great with proper time
management either.  Thanks for the helpful information in your last
email, as it helped us figure out how exactly to tackle this challenge.
We decided to stick with that one instead of the others, since we had
already started on it a little by then.

My colleague and I have issued a pull request
<https://github.com/textmate/textmate/pull/562> for an elementary
implementation of the undo support for browser pane enhancement.  The
feature is incomplete since it only handles undo actions for file
deletion, pasting, renaming and new folder creation (we did not
implement undo for duplicating files or for the movement of files within
the pane).  We tried our best to make it as stable as possible, but we
definitely realize it's probably still far from perfect.  There are
likely a lot of issues with it actually — we'd be happy to address any
bugs that you encounter.

We weren't really able to convert the class into MVC, though we hope
what we have now makes it easier to do in the future.
--
Thanks,
Benjamin

--