[txmt-dev] Re: building textmate on 10.6.8 ... only have clang 1.7/3.0 installed

Stephen Bannasch stephen.bannasch at deanbrook.org
Sun Aug 12 22:59:52 UTC 2012

At 3:35 PM -0700 8/12/12, Stephen Bannasch wrote:
>Unfortunately for me it looks like dependencies on 10.7 are rapidly being introduced into the codebase ...
>
>I'm sure there are probably many benefits to dropping support for 10.6.
>
>Even though there might be a way in 10.6 to support SCM badges on local disk images without using kCFURLVolumeIsLocalKey ... when the codebase has dropped support for 10.6 there is no reason for developers to avoid using 10.7 features for functions thatcould be done using 10.6.
>
>I also see this commit a day ago:
>
>  Change deployment target of all xibs to OS X 10.7
>  https://github.com/textmate/textmate/commit/ee11103d2d348

I have no idea whether this is practical or whether I'll try and keep this up ...

But I have pushed two new branches to my textmate fork:

  10.6: https://github.com/stepheneb/textmate/tree/10.6

This is forked from this commit just before the 10.7 dependency on kCFURLVolumeIsLocalKey was added:

  Accept HTTP/1.1 response in network tests
  https://github.com/textmate/textmate/commit/c98bc92b5

I then committed the configure changes to support 10.6.

In addition I then created a second branch based on the 10.6 branch named 10.6-master by merging master and reverting the commits that depend on 10.7:

  7f381: Use SecItemCopyMatching instead of the deprecated SecKeychainSearch"
  3d3d2: Use Security framework instead of deprecated OpenSSL functions"
  ee111: Change deployment target of all xibs to OS X 10.7"
  8d523: Rework path::is_local to support disk images."

I can't imagine that this is sustainable ... and I'm just reverting commits by rebuilding with ninja and reverting commits thatgenerate errors ... but ninja is astoundingly fast and producing useful errors!!

  https://github.com/stepheneb/textmate/tree/10.6-master