[SVN] Re: Making the commit window work with external diff'ers.

Sun Apr 5 16:16:51 UTC 2009

On 3 Apr 2009, at 05:46, Luke Daley wrote:

> The commit window app assumes that your diff invocation will return
> the diff. This is not always the case. If you are using Changes.app
> your invocation of svn diff doesn't actually return the diff.
>
> The commit window app needs to be smarter in that it should try to
> send anything to mate if the diff command didn't return any output.

I assume you mean “…to *not* send anything…”.

> Ideally, it would be nice to have TM pop up a dialog. Which probably
> means we need to invoke tm_dialog here.

Looking at the function you quoted, seems that if the diff returns a
non-zero result code, another code path will be taken, but presumably
not exactly what you want.  I don’t personally like it popping up
dialogs to tell that an action was performed (I have a similar
“complaint” about your svn bundle fork ;) ).

http://svn.textmate.org/trunk/Tools/CommitWindowProject/CommitWindow.xcodeproj/