[SVN] Re: Javascript prompt() Continually Happens on Edits after Web Preview

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Thu Oct 30 08:52:12 UTC 2008

Joseph,

I guess it is a bug. After closing the Web Preview it shouldn't happen.
For now the only way to suppress it is to disable 'Refresh after
change' in Web Preview's option panel (press 'Show options').

--Hans

On 30.10.2008, at 03:47, Joseph Pecoraro wrote:

> This might be confusing to explain but I think if you actually go
> through the steps it
> will make more sense.  If a page with javascript containing a prompt()
> is "web previewed"
> then TextMate itself will continually web preview in the background
> causing the
> javascript prompt() to appear over and over.  This only occurs with
> prompt, not with
> confirm() or alert() which don't even show for me.
>
> Is this a bug or expected behavior?
>
> I made a video to show what I mean:
> http://screencast.com/t/mjCoYl0Jk
>
> Here are the steps for those who didn't watch the video:
>
> 1. Create a new Document.
> 2. Set the Language to be HTML
> 3. Type or Paste:
>
> <script type="text/javascript">
> 	prompt('hi');
> </script>
>
> 4. Show Web Preview (Window -> Show Web Preview or
>
> Now Close the web preview and start editing the javascript in any
> way.  For instance
> change the text from 'hi' to 'hello', remove the semi-colon, or start
> making a new line.
> Whatever the change, after doing nothing for about half a second a new
> prompt
> appears (without the web preview window).
>
> - Joe

Hans-Joerg Bibiko
Department of Linguistics
Deutscher Platz 6     phone:   +49 (0) 341 3550 341
D-04103 Leipzig       fax:     +49 (0) 341 3550 333
Germany               e-mail:  bibiko at eva.mpg.de