[SVN] Javascript prompt() Continually Happens on Edits after Web Preview

Joseph Pecoraro joepeck02 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 02:47:44 UTC 2008

This might be confusing to explain but I think if you actually go
through the steps it
will make more sense.  If a page with javascript containing a prompt()
is "web previewed"
then TextMate itself will continually web preview in the background
causing the
javascript prompt() to appear over and over.  This only occurs with
prompt, not with
confirm() or alert() which don't even show for me.

Is this a bug or expected behavior?

I made a video to show what I mean:
http://screencast.com/t/mjCoYl0Jk

Here are the steps for those who didn't watch the video:

1. Create a new Document.
2. Set the Language to be HTML
3. Type or Paste:

<script type="text/javascript">
	prompt('hi');
</script>

Now Close the web preview and start editing the javascript in any
way.  For instance
change the text from 'hi' to 'hello', remove the semi-colon, or start
making a new line.
Whatever the change, after doing nothing for about half a second a new
prompt
appears (without the web preview window).

- Joe