[SVN] REQUEST: Scope Querying API

Alain O'Dea alain.odea at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 00:54:32 UTC 2008

I would like to be able to query the current file or other project
files for symbols based on scope. I would also like to be able to
query for symbols with a common instance of a parent scope.

For illustrative purposes I will use JavaScript-like syntax and JS DOM-
like API:

// get all atoms in the current document
document.getSymbolsByScope("source.erlang meta.function.erlang
meta.structure.tuple.erlang constant.other.symbol.unquoted.erlang");

// get all atoms in the current function
currentFunction = currentScope.getAncestorByScope("source.erlang
meta.function.erlang");
currentFunction.getSymbolsByScope("source.erlang meta.function.erlang
meta.structure.tuple.erlang constant.other.symbol.unquoted.erlang");

// get all functions in the current module
document.getSymbolsByScope("source.erlang meta.function");

Is similar functionality already exposed to Bundles and Plug-ins? If
so, how do I use it?