[SVN] Groovy Grails bundle.

Luke Daley ld at ldaley.com
Thu Oct 25 00:23:42 UTC 2007

On 25/10/2007, at 7:13 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> I think in this case it will be okay. ⌃⇧G is a key in the
> “bundle actions” name space, and the actions seems to be
> something you want to use in those file types if you have the
> Groovy Grails bundle enabled (in the future we can improve this by
> adding in a match for the project type in the scope selector).

Excellent.

> I agree the name for the language grammar is a little obscure. Is
> GSP short for Grails Server Page?

Yes, should I rename it to 'Grails Server Page'?

> I think the menu could benefit from using menu item separators.
> Also, there appears to be one empty submenu (GSP → Declarations).

Ok, will do.

> Some items seems to be wrongly placed. I have else/elseif/each in
> the root menu, but if/while under GSP → Control.

Will fix that.

> For aesthetic reasons I would remove the <g:…> part around all the
> snippets that inserts this tag (it should be clear form the menu
> hierarchy what they are about). But I won’t fight hard for such
> change, just the <g:…> adds a lot of noise to the menu.

Will do.

Michael Sheets has made the following comments,

> Shouldn't more of the template tags (g:textField, etc) be marked
> up? (We are going to start marking up template tags with a unique
> scope so it would help coloring.)

I didn't quite understand, so I quizzed him, and got ...

>> I should have explained this better, I've recently defined new
>> meta.tag sections to differentiate different kinds of tags for the
>> purposes of coloring them with themes. They are:
>>
>> meta.tag.(metadata|structural|content|object|template)
>>
>> All the groovy tags would be meta.tag.template. Was just pointing
>> out that you let the standard grammar pick up most of the tags, so
>> you won't get the benefit of that. A simple match for `<g:\w+>`
>> would work.

I still don't quite understand sorry :|

I must admit that understanding the grammar system is not my strong
point. I tried adding a 'simple match for <g:\w+>', but couldn't get
it working. Can I get some help here please.

Thanks to Michael and Allan for your time on this.

- LD.