[SVN] r8505 (JSON)

Michael Sheets mummer at whitefalls.org
Mon Nov 26 09:06:04 UTC 2007

> Yes, we have sort of made “convert to different format”,
> “pretty print”, and “tidy” be the same thing (by using
> ⌃⇧H).

Did an overview of the shortcuts currently in use:

<http://pastie.textmate.org/private/xfs1r2lcz0abzl6evxspw>

Currently there's a collision with Scriptaculous and Greasemonkey if
it were to use ⌃⇧H. Of course neither is too widely used so it
should be fine. But it shows there maybe be more issues in the future,
perhaps not.

> The line is also a little thin, e.g. Markdown → HTML (Convert to
> HTML) versus broken HTML without paragraph tags → Valid HTML (Tidy)
> and XML Property List → Old-style ASCII (Convert) versus a pretty
> print…

Yeah, I don't really see an issue here it's Tidy is sort of converting
it to a clean state, etc. Only problem I see is that more secondary
help/convert collisions in the future. But maybe I'm just trying to
cause problems where there aren't any. ;) On one hand I'd love to see
many more help items in the future; but then as scopes and grammars
improve we may be able to target ⌃H enough to not get any worse than
now.

> Yeah, ⌃Q is nice when it refers to just the current small context,
> like an Objective-C method, a paragraph in Mail or similar, but
> really bad for the full scope.

Guess since I don't have any good suggestions for alternate shortcuts
I'll go change the ones that use ⌃Q/⌃⇧Q ;)