[SVN] r7224 (Markdown)

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sat May 12 08:26:17 UTC 2007

On 12. May 2007, at 01:03, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> On May 11, 2007, at 9:34 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>> • open using the viewer set as TM_PDF_VIEWER — this should either
>> be a bundle identifier or the application name with its “.app”
>> suffix (e.g. ‘net.sourceforge.pdfview’ or ‘PDFView.app’).
>>
>> Preferably TM_LATEX_VIEWER should be deprecated in favor of this
>> more appropriately named variable.
>
> That would be fine by me, but of course it assumes that the user
> uses the same pdf viewer for both their LaTeX and Markdown needs.
> But I am definitely such a person.

Yeah, I was also wondering if we should do something akin to: $
{TM_«bundle»_PDF_VIEWER:-${TM_PDF_VIEWER:-Preview.app}}. But if so,
maybe abstract this away. If we provide bundle items with a simple
“get” function then that could even (with properly exposed variables
for the name of the bundle + name of current bundle item) first check
a variable corresponding to just the command, then the bundle, then
the “global”, and finally the fallback.

But I am not sure this is really needed ;)

>> We may want some magic value to indicate that PDF viewing should
>> be done in TextMate (i.e. using the HTML output window).
> I think the LaTeX bundle using either "html" or the absence of the
> variable.

Yes, it uses html, which we probably want to revise (seeing how a) it
doesn’t necessarily need to be via the HTML output window in the
future and b) setting a viewer to ‘html’ is nonsensical for the user).