[SVN] r6738 (HTML)

Chris Thomas chris at cjack.com
Tue Mar 6 03:10:57 UTC 2007

> I’d say in the future, we probably should have just a wee bit of
> discussion before adding stuff

Totally understood. I had actually thought this initial bit was a
harmless change, obviously not thinking clearly, which indeed
underscores the necessity of submitting API additions for review...

> Btw: speaking of the new dialog stuff, it would really be nice if
> the call_with_progress could wait one second before actually opening
> the progress indicator, so that it does not appear for short actions
> (like Diff with Base) -- I was about to change it myself, but I
> don’t understand why the UI thread is forked, i.e. why that part is
> not running in the main thread?

I think that's just where I stopped working on it. The processing
block probably should be run directly in the main process, after the
UI fork. The concluding call to Process.wait can then be eliminated.

Chris