[SVN] r6738 (HTML)

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Mar 6 00:29:39 UTC 2007

On 5. Mar 2007, at 18:51, Chris Thomas wrote:

> On Mar 5, 2007, at 12:40 PM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
>> I see no reason for it to, unless the stuff in TextMate::Dialog is
>> not really supposed to be called directly?
>> Chris added the TextMate::Dialog stuff, so perhaps he has some
>> explanation. I say merge them though. The question is which one to
>> keep.
> 'Dialog' is a pretty common term. My intent was to gradually
> migrate new stuff into the TextMate namespace. If it's causing
> problems, it could be merged into the non-namespaced Dialog for
> now. It could even be renamed something else -- Window would
> probably be a better choice.

Or maybe UI, shorter and we also (currently) have Dialog.menu. So
that would be: TexTMate::UI.menu("foo", "bar", "fud").

Sure, let’s migrate things to the TextMate module, and maybe document
stuff while we are at it, there really is too much crud in
Support/ ;) I’d say in the future, we probably should have just a wee
bit of discussion before adding stuff, especially since it’s a major
support pain each time we “cleanup” stuff in support (because people
have old bundles lying around, or new bundles but not latest support
folder, etc.).

Btw: speaking of the new dialog stuff, it would really be nice if the
call_with_progress could wait one second before actually opening the
progress indicator, so that it does not appear for short actions
(like Diff with Base) -- I was about to change it myself, but I don’t
understand why the UI thread is forked, i.e. why that part is not
running in the main thread?