[SVN] r7799 (Objective-C)

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Tue Jul 24 23:59:30 UTC 2007

On Jul 24, 2007, at 5:34 PM, Joachim Mårtensson wrote:

>> Indexing seems broken, my mid-sized project caused a spinning beach
>> ball for more than 15 minutes before I killed the indexing process.
>>
>> Gerd
> I have built in a few checks that should prevent this from happening.
> Still if it worked before the updates that would suggest that the I
> have
> missed something in my code. I think the problem could be that
> recursing
> down $TM_PROJECT_DIRECTORY can give huge lists of .h files to
> search for.
> Could you check what TM_PROJECT_DIRECTORY is set to in your project
> and
> see if that could lead to a to big list of files?
>
> running
>  find "$TM_PROJECT_DIRECTORY" -name \*.h
> from within TextMate [Text-> Execute Line Inserting Result] should
> give a
> list of all files that were searched. Make certain you run it from
> where
> you would run the index-command.
>
> Is the list huge?

Not counting my darcs repository and the /._*.h files (resource fork
on NFS) that is just over 100 files, all of which relatively small.

How do you know which files to ignore (if any)?

> Did the command work on that specific project before the update?

I used it some time ago in the past and it worked, but don't remember
how long ago and the source tree changed a bit since.

Thanks

Gerd