[SVN] Tagging Bundles

Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) oblivious at subtlegradient.com
Wed Feb 21 16:42:03 UTC 2007

On Feb 21, 2007, at 10:18 AM, James Edward Gray II wrote:
> On Feb 21, 2007, at 9:11 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>
>> I know 3.a versus 3.b will give rise to debate, and for the more
>> esoteric languages, there probably is no preconceived notion of
>> what the language is (like e.g. both Python and AppleScript are
>> considered scripting languages, despite both of them generally
>> being compiled).
>
> Most of the "scripting language" advocates are now trying to escape
> that name, because it's such a poor fit.  The term "dynamic
> language" is often preferred by those same people.  At RubyConf
> 2006, Matz recommended we call Ruby an "agile language" in his
> keynote address.
>
> James Edward Gray II

But that's part of the problem.
In the bundles themselves we describe what the language is, but when
doing a UI for searching for something, that's how the majority of
people would expect to find those languages.

Maybe Compiled Languages and Interpreted Languages instead?

thomas Aylott — subtleGradient — CrazyEgg — sixteenColors