tags instead of categories (was Re: [SVN] New info.plist keys for description etc.)

Benoit Gagnon b.gagnon at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 18:55:42 UTC 2007

On 2/17/07, Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) <oblivious at subtlegradient.com> wrote:

> Integrating that into TextMate would be really stinkin slick, but i'm not
> sure what the best UI for that would be.

My biggest wish for this new bundle management system is the notion of
versioned bundles. Like ruby gems, bundles should get their own
releases. The problem is that some of the bundle break far too often,
or their key bindings change all of a sudden with an SVN update. I'd
like to know what's going to happen when I'm upgrading a bundle. With
versions and release notes, it would be much easier.

Bundle             Version    Latest version     Update
Subversion      1.1           1.2                         [ x ]
Ruby                 0.8           2.1                         [    ]

This also means we'd have some dependencies, just like gems. For
example, Rails bundle v2.0 requires ruby bundle v1.1 + html v2.3, etc.

That being said, I understand some people want to be on the cutting
edge and have the latest snapshot from svn, so perhaps that should be
possible as well (per bundle ?).