[SVN] tm_dialog stay open after return? Multiple returns

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon Oct 23 19:39:43 UTC 2006

On 23. Oct 2006, at 18:44, thomas Aylott wrote:

> tm_dialog currently only sends data back when closed, right?

Right, yes.

> Is there a way to extend this to send data back without closing?

We would need to do a two-way pipe. While I sort of like being able
to send new parameters to the nib, I am not too keen on this, because
I feel that this is maybe not the best solution -- i.e. creating a
script which can multiplex based on various things etc. ends up being
more complex than just writing the special purpose UI, and the latter
would still be better. Already I am seeing a lot of “oh, this would
be neat if we could do that, but tm_dialog doesn’t allow it”.