[SVN] r5386 (R)

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 02:15:22 UTC 2006

> ah, I didn't know about the segments command! Ok, perhaps then "Line
> Segments (connected)" and "Line Segments (disconnected)" ? In fact we
> could make it into a group called Line Segments, with two items in it
> (or that might be pushing the boundaries of groups a bit too much.
> Are other other important commands dealing with segments? )

I think those are the main line drawing commands.  The confusing thing
is that you can use them to draw curves as well, provided that the
segments are short enough.

> Since you have probably been using R a lot more than I have, what
> would be the list of commands that you think would be most useful to
> people? I am trying to add what I find important/useful, but I don't
> have enough experience in it to make such judgements, and we don't
> want a really chaotic system.

It's probably been too long since I learnt R to be of much use - most
of the common stuff is built into my muscle memory by now.   Perhaps
the R reference card (http://www.rpad.org/Rpad/R-refcard.pdf) would be
a good place to start?

> What I've been thinking is, for more obsure commands, to have
> something like the "Insert Command Template" command, except with a
> shorter list of commands, and with explanations for each command, so
> that people could search for them with keywords. Then perhaps we
> could put those in a Markdown document, so that a cheatsheet could
> show up on demand.

That's a nice idea, and would be fairly easy to generate automatically
from the built in help.  If you let me know what format you are
thinking of, I can probably help you extract it from the
documentation.

Regards,

Hadley