[SVN] r5386 (R)

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Mon Oct 9 17:24:18 UTC 2006

On Oct 9, 2006, at 1:16 PM, hadley wickham wrote:
> How about divide into intervals?  (from ?cut)

Sounds great!

>> > Hmmm, ok.  What's wrong with just calling it lines?
>> >
>> Nothing I guess, I'll change it. For me, lines would refer to just a
>> bunch of disjoint lines, but I guess this would never be used anyway
>> in this context, so "Lines" should be clear enough.
>> Perhaps "Line Segments" might be more accurate.
>
> Well, that might be confused with the segments command!  How about
> connected lines?  Or lines (connected) and lines (disconnected) for
> segments.

ah, I didn't know about the segments command! Ok, perhaps then "Line
Segments (connected)" and "Line Segments (disconnected)" ? In fact we
could make it into a group called Line Segments, with two items in it
(or that might be pushing the boundaries of groups a bit too much.
Are other other important commands dealing with segments? )

Since you have probably been using R a lot more than I have, what
would be the list of commands that you think would be most useful to
people? I am trying to add what I find important/useful, but I don't
have enough experience in it to make such judgements, and we don't
want a really chaotic system.

What I've been thinking is, for more obsure commands, to have
something like the "Insert Command Template" command, except with a
shorter list of commands, and with explanations for each command, so
that people could search for them with keywords. Then perhaps we
could put those in a Markdown document, so that a cheatsheet could
show up on demand.

Haris