[SVN] r5414

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Oct 11 18:19:50 UTC 2006

On 11. Oct 2006, at 03:04, Chris Thomas wrote:

>> Is there a reason for not enabling the close button of the window?
>> Otherwise I would link that to cancel.
> A close box would be an ambiguous third choice. I would not
> necessarily expect it to cancel. CrashReporter has a live close
> box, where I frequently select the close box rather than cancel,
> but it always prompts a light afterthought of 'wait a minute, that
> can't be right -- what did I just do?'

hmm… I have started to use ⌘. for “cancel” but only because
there are dialogs w/o a close button, before that I always used ⌘W
for cancel (i.e. close window), so for me there has never been any
doubt that close window = cancel.

> [...] Would it be better to go the Ruby/HTML/JavaScript route and
> make the status window also serve as the commit window? It would
> probably be prettier, but it might not be as usable.

I like the more powerful commit window -- personally I am favoring
the Cocoa version mainly because of the key support. Considering that
many have asked how to commit w/o using the mouse, I would think that
losing key support for this would be mourned.

But it could also be incentive to look into adding key support to the
HTML output, something other commands could also benefit from -- I
have only tried the accessKey stuff myself (w/o success). But as I
have seen my keys take on strange actions when using various posting
systems in OmniWeb/Safari, it would seem there is a way to support
key bindings, and if not, or not thorough enough, we could add a
special TextMate.registerFunctionForKeyEquivalent() function.