[SVN] r5402 (GTD2)

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon Oct 9 16:22:07 UTC 2006

On 9. Oct 2006, at 04:07, Mike Mellor wrote:

>> Adding to that, we also do not want to present them with too many
>> actions at once. The GTD2 bundle presents 11 items in its main
>> menu without separators or any grouping. So are these 11 items of
>> equal importance and all belong to the same group of actions?
>> Present a user with 11 ungrouped actions and he will remember
>> none, but give him just a few carefully chosen actions, and there
>> is a chance he will remember to use them.
> I agree, but I don't remember how to split them out.  I will try
> and work on that.

Click just the bundle name in the bundle editor to edit the menu.

>> But back to the issue of multiple bundles: this new GTD2 bundle is
>> a new iteration of the old? Then let it replace the old! People
>> can still checkout the old version (feel free to tag it in the
>> repository) -- but if people really find the old one “better” then
>> maybe GTD2 needs some improvements.
> I think that would work, but how hard is it for a user to get at an
> older version in subversion?

As long as he know the revision of it (which he can find with svn
log), it is svn up -rNNNN GTD.tmbundle -- if you tag it, there is no
need for knowing the revision. So I would say it is trivial.

> I'd hate to update my TM bundles one morning and find that all of
> my files no longer worked.  What I think would work (for me) would
> be to keep them separate for a couple of weeks and then merge the
> projects, based on user feedback.  Does that work?

So you will remember it in a few weeks and give the GTD2 bundle a
better name? That would work.