[SVN] r2829 (Ruby)

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Mar 7 16:05:42 UTC 2006

On 7/3/2006, at 14:31, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> Actually the unit testing library is already built into Ruby 1.8 at
> least (chapter 12 of the programmingruby book). You just need "
> require 'test/unit'  " as the first line. Actually, if you add the
> require line then the script runs fine in the new version or
> tmruby. If you omit the line, then in the old version it prints out
> the appropriate error message, but in the new one it ends up
> waiting for the sub-threads to finiish, and somehow blocks at this
> point. So I think you are right that it has to do with the
> subthreads: it is it is not handling very well the case were sub-
> threads return with an error or something like that.

The joy of multi-threading… it’s 80% reproducible and a puts here or
there will throw off that number…

As for the unit tests, it seems they are runned as an at_exit hook,
so that explains why the output isn’t captured despite the new approach.

I will probably just revert my changes -- Sune has mentioned that for
this to really work, RubyMate needs to be written in C and embed the
interpreter :/