[SVN] r2829 (Ruby)

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Tue Mar 7 13:31:20 UTC 2006

On Mar 7, 2006, at 4:00 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> I should mention, I have neither Rails nor any unit test library
> installed.
>

> I do have RubyGems though, so I can install whatever stuff gives me
> the Test class.
>
> Could you btw check if the script freeze with the previous version
> of tmruby? it might be my waiting for the sub-threads which has
> introduced a problem.

Actually the unit testing library is already built into Ruby 1.8 at
least (chapter 12 of the programmingruby book). You just need "
require 'test/unit'  " as the first line. Actually, if you add the
require line then the script runs fine in the new version or tmruby.
If you omit the line, then in the old version it prints out the
appropriate error message, but in the new one it ends up waiting for
the sub-threads to finiish, and somehow blocks at this point. So I
think you are right that it has to do with the subthreads: it is it
is not handling very well the case were sub-threads return with an
error or something like that.

Haris