[SVN] r2764 (SQL)

Benoit Gagnon b.gagnon at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 01:22:16 UTC 2006

On Feb 26, 2006, at 5:46 PM, Brad Miller wrote:

> On Feb 26, 2006, at 2:50 AM, Michael Sheets wrote:
>
>> What my window currently looks like:
>>
>> http://whitefalls.org/temp/sql_browser.png
>>
>> Fixes itself when the window is quite wide, but obviously not
>> ideal. I'd be happy just loosing the additional info for the
>> databases and just list the name.

I don't run or know anything around postgres, so I assumed the output
was identical to the mysql mode. I think the best solution would be
to show the owner and encoding under the database names (smaller
type, different color, something like that). I'll come back with a
solution.

> The Owner and Encoding columns are only there because they come for
> free when you run 'psql -l --html.'  It would take work (not that
> much) to remove them.  If you use MySQL you only get the database
> names.  For me, seeing the owner kind of useful.  If most people
> would prefer to conserve screen space I can take out everything
> except the database name.
>
>> Any way to have the current database and column highlighted? Would
>> make it easy to read at a glance.
> I'm not sure.  My CSS skills are very limited, and the javascript I
> know has been learned on the fly as I implemented the table browser.

This will require a little javascript to hold the sate of the
"buttons", something CSS can't do alone. I'll see what I can do.