[SVN] Discoverability. Single global shortcut?

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Wed Apr 5 13:24:55 UTC 2006

On Apr 5, 2006, at 1:05 AM, thomas Aylott wrote:

> A global shortcut would respect scope and only show you the things
> that apply to what you're doing.

Ah, I see now. Yes that would be a nice feature, but surely that
should be a built in feature of TextMate's, i.e. a combo like ctrl-
esc that would pop-up a menu of all commands that work in the current
scope. Allan, I'm guessing this would not be too hard to implement,
since you already have to know this list of commands for key events,
right? That gear button is so lonely there, I'm sure it would welcome
some company :)

Mind you, this in most cases will still be a long list, for instance
it will always include all commands for all version control systems,
all Text bundle commands that I very rarely use, math etc.
Maybe some customization of this pop-up would be nice, e.g. "omit
things from this bundle" and so on. Or maybe it could still be split
up in bundles, except only the relevant commands show up.

I just think establishing a key equivalent in all commands for this
purpose is quite an overkill. Imagine having to change it because it
overlaps with a keycombo you use in your system for other purposes.
Or simply because ctrl-shift-esc is an immensely hard combination of
keys to press in some layouts. It's not enough to edit the
keybindings file anymore.

Haris