[SVN] TextMate 1.1 beta 11

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Fri May 27 06:19:58 UTC 2005

On May 27, 2005, at 7:25, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> I guess the bug was that TM crashed when trying to use the service?
> The funny part is that the first time I tried the service was right
> after installing b10, in fact it was the first thing I did. :-)

It was a memory-trashing bug, so I guess it could have shown in many
ways. For me it was typing on the first line of a new document not
part of a project.

> 1) What is the status with sub-group matching? Should we replace ?R
> with something else?

Yes, we should... :)

> 2) I used the service for the first time. (btw, does one have to
> replace the TM service with each newer version, or is it the same?
> If one has to replace it, how would one do it).

It's really hard to say when/if I'll update it in the future.
Normally it would be the same, but e.g. I changed hotkey for b10 --
generally it'll be in the release-notes when it's updated.

To update it I think one needs to trash the existing and drag in the
new. The system seems to lock the file when it has been used, so
replacing it isn't easy. You can quit TextMate Service via Activity
Monitor, but I don't know if that unlocks it.

> I used it with a form in safari. After returning to safari, I lost
> the blinking cursor there. Minor issue for sure, just thought I'd
> mention it.
> The only other problem with the service is that I can't just call
> it with a form active. I need to write something in it, then select
> the text and then call the service. Is this something that is fixable?

Neither is something I can do anything about. And I btw don't lose
the caret after having used the service (even in Safari, which though
I normally don't use) -- maybe you'd clicked somewhere in Safari
while it was waiting for the result, that could do it.