[SVN] Numbers in LaTeX snippet filenames

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sat May 21 02:33:07 UTC 2005

On May 21, 2005, at 4:16, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

>> It would also update the filename if the item was renamed, but it
>> no longer does to stay compatible with subversion. You're free to
>> rename them, but renaming svn stuff means that svn does a delete+add.
> Done. One more thing. We have a snippet triggered by "item", and it
> expands to "\\item ${0:item}", in other words it saves the user
> exactly one keystroke.

On the Danish keymap that'd be: option-shift-7, not very easy to
hit ;) but yeah, it doesn't make much sense.

> Another possibility, given that \item is a pretty useful snippet,
> is to have "i" be the tab trigger for \item. ("it" is taken by
> \textit, and that has the same convention as the whole text* family.)

I've removed the tab trigger and set it to fire on enter, but only
when on a line already having an \item prefix. This probably needs to
be expanded upon, I just wanted to get the ball rolling ;)

> It's probably an overkill, and not really necessary, but have you
> given thought to multiple tab triggers for the same snippet?

I have considered it yes -- but the overhead in GUI is probably not
worth the few uses, especially since one can just duplicate the item
and get the same functionality.