[SVN] TextMate 1.1b9

Mats Persson mats at imediatec.co.uk
Thu May 19 16:37:39 UTC 2005

On 19 May 2005, at 16:11, Kumar McMillan wrote:
> On 5/18/05, Allan Odgaard <allan at macromates.com> wrote:
>> Just FYI: beta 9 is now available
> And syntax parsing is soooooo much faster.  Thank you!  On Tiger I
> can't even see it redraw on files which used to lock up when first
> opened.  nice job :)

OK, I posted this on the IRC this morning, but just thought it should
be more widely acknowledged so hence the post here to illustrate the
speed improvements. (tests done on iMac G5 1.8Ghz 1.25GB RAM on X.4 )

PHP Syntax TestBed Document: (with every word, function, operators
etc. in it = roughly 4000 words to highlight )

1.1b8 = ~30 sec's
1.1b9 = ~3 - 4sec's

PHP Syntax TestBed 2 Document: (a 3836 lines of code 'adodb.inc.php'
class doc):

1.1b8 = 50 sec's;
1.1b9 = ~4 - 5 sec's

The above times are with all the PHP functions enabled in the PHP
syntax. Without those roughly 4000 function keywords the render time
is cut in half more or less.

While I haven't checked all the other syntaxes, I do think the PHP
syntax is the most taxing syntax out there.

Kind regards,

Mats

----
"TextMate, coding with an incredible sense of joy and ease"
- www.macromates.com -