[SVN] Revision 882 (Latex)

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Mon May 9 17:52:59 UTC 2005

On May 9, 2005, at 19:40, Brad Miller wrote:

> So for example the Latex Theme currently has defined some styling for
> \textbf{foo bar}  to make foo and bar bold
> \textit{foo bar} to make foo and bar italic
>
> \ref{} \cite{} currently get colored differently from any old \command
> to help set them apart.
>
> Maybe I don't yet grok the generic themes well enough but these all
> seem like they would fall under option 3 below?

As for ref and cite, I'd probably mark these up as keyword.control,
where the rest is currently keyword.function (and will be changed to
support.function), so this should give them different styles (at least
when the generic themes break up keyword.control, keyword.storage, and
support (currently keyword.function)).

For bf/it you _could_ make a LaTeX theme with only two settings:
    declaration.textbf entity -- bold
    declaration.textit entity -- italic

However, it'd probably be a good idea to provide some basic styles for
these cases, so instead we'd mark up the argument as: markup.italic or
markup.bold. These would also be useful for HTML, Markdown, and all the
other humane text/markup systems (including wiki syntaxes a.s.o.).

Additionally there would be markup.underline and then
markup.underline.link to be used for links, but by default will thus
just be underlined.

Makes sense?