[SVN] Revision 784 (HTML)

Mats Persson mats at imediatec.co.uk
Mon May 2 10:03:22 UTC 2005

> On 2 May 2005, at 06:47, Michael Sheets wrote:
>> On May 1, 2005, at 6:06 AM, Mats Persson wrote:
>> Yes, Allan remembers more than me :). The HTML (PHP) syntax was
>> always a short-term item to cater for my (and others ?) styling
>> while doing web dev stuff in TM. I deliberately tried to make it
>> XHTML compliant - still needs more work - rather than HTML
>> capable. It was meant for dev's like me, and not for general
>> consumption.  Although we will have to be able to highlight old
>> bad HTML I think that's the job for a simpler generic HTML syntax.
>
> You know I was fixing the script tag bug the other day then went
> off all day thinking about how it'd be nice to have a much more
> strict HTML syntax available. And then I come home and read Allan's
> post, heh.

Great, I'm not alone in thinking about this ;-)

> I had actually thought of going a good bit further than the current
> one in correctness, though my main 'want' is to be able to style
> block and inline elements separately. Seems the more structural
> stuff should pop out more than a simple <strong> or something like
> that.

Exactly, the above is very much along the thoughts and ideas I have
of the ultimate nirvana in regards to the XHTML dev stuff in TM. I
would like to have the syntax, snippets & commands help me with
producing correct valid code, without having to do a tidy or W3C
check on it. This would also extend to CSS & JS of course.

> If it's alright with you I'd like to try some things out in a new
> file, see how strict it can be before it gets annoying, etc. And
> see if I want allan to put in some sub-groups to help out... :)

By all means please help out, and trust me, Allan will - and does -
help out if he can.   I'd love to discuss ideas with you so perhaps
on the IRC. I'm there most days.

Kind regards,

Mats

----
"TextMate, coding with an incredible sense of joy and ease"
- www.macromates.com -