[SVN] tiny requests; SVN rocks; public links

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Thu Jan 6 23:17:40 UTC 2005

On Jan 6, 2005, at 12:12, Brian Lalor wrote:

> I think we should implement tags for TM releases.

Yes -- but for betas I can just take the latest!?! We could use svn
properties so that people could mark something to be not for inclusion.

But probably wait till we actually have this problem :)

> I think automatically generating .tgz archives is a must, but I think
> that should also be keyed off of the creation of a tag, rather than
> just a commit.  I'm happy to work up the code for this, if you like.

Please do if you find the time! :)

> For bundles to be released with TM (although I'd still prefer to see a
> separate download for bundles separate from the .app bundle...)

Why? in b2 each bundle will have a UUID so that they can always be
recognized, and the user can then just select to hide the bundles he
don't want (some can be hidden by default, e.g. we can add a
preferences page to check/uncheck which bundles should be shown).

So the clutter which would otherwise exist isn't there.

> I've been wanting to look at implementing an XSL template for
> presentation of the svn repository to a browser (a la trac[1], or
> perhaps trac itself?), but I'm not sure this will provide everything
> you describe here.

If you do the work, you decide what goes in it! :)