[SVN] REQ: commands choosing output

Eric Hsu erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
Sun Feb 20 07:57:42 UTC 2005

At 8:38 AM +0100 2/20/05, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>I would like to introduce something that would allow the command to
>select output, so far I've considered using escape codes similar to
>a real terminal, so e.g. you'd do:
>
>    printf '\033[O:HTML]'
>
>Or similar to set the output to HTML. Though it would require some
>thought before I venture into this -- maybe this could also reduce
>the current clutter I think exists in the "output" popup menu (i.e.
>too many choices IMHO).

Okay, have good thoughts! The escape code sounds workable but it
feels like some binary file case would be messed up. But no one uses
TM to edit binary, right?

I do find it convenient to change a command to show output in a
separate window; that way I can see how Torsten, e.g., gets his
snazzy HTML effects. No matter what you do, there should probably be
some kind of user override.

- Eric
--
Eric Hsu, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
San Francisco State University
erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
http://math.sfsu.edu/hsu