[SVN] r2384 (Latex)

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Sun Dec 4 00:58:42 UTC 2005

Hey Brad,
On Dec 3, 2005, at 5:08 PM, Brad Miller wrote:

> Haris,
>
> Thanks for the work on the new commands!  They seem to be working
> pretty well.  One minor problem I've noticed is that when I insert
> an itemize I get
> \begin{itemize}
>     \item
> |
> \end{itemize}

thanks for checking it out. I was trying to be a bit too clever and
place a newline character after the first line insert, so that users
wouldn't have to finish their first line with a return. Of course, I
forgot the case where you *do* want to stay in the first line. :-)
I just committed a fix (hopefully).

> As far as the keybinding are concerned, I already modified my local
> version to use ctrl-\ and ctrl-shift-\  I rarely do any serious
> coding or writing on my powerbook keyboard and these bindings keep
> my hands in a much more natural position on a regular keyboard.

Are you ok with keeping them as they are now for the default? I don't
particularly care either way, but I personally use them this way. It
would be interesting to know what most people prefer, if they have a
preference.
> Brad

Haris