[SVN] Revision 745

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 16:26:07 UTC 2005

> Anyway, would it be possible to have indentation of the method names,
> based on their indentation in the file?
> And then have that goto symbol window range over all files in the project?

If you are asking what I think you are asking -- to make the Symbol
window show a class to function relationship (like :

[--------symbol window--------]
class MyBigClass:
    def __init__(self):
    def something(self):
    def somethingElse(self):
[--------symbol window--------]

), then I agree.  Currently this would involve making a scope that
matched all the stuff before and after the actual symbol name, which
makes some sense if the scope is simply "declaration.function", etc.
But then you would have to make the whole decalartion available to
symbol list which causes problems since the "symbol name" is only a
small part of that.  I suggested allowing a caputure name that defines
the symbol name itself which would then apply to the search field when
that gets added.  But, I'm not sure if this is the best solution.

Kumar