[SVN] LaTeX notes, r720

Robert Ullrey robert_ullrey at mac.com
Mon Apr 25 18:00:29 UTC 2005

On Apr 25, 2005, at 10:52 AM, Eric Hsu wrote:

> 2. The new localhost workaround for PDFLaTeX seems to require Apache
> to be running. I don't have an issue with that personally, but I
> wonder about its suitability for broader use.  On the other hand, I
> love it that we can call dynamic scripts from the HTML preview window
> by previewing a file, FILE, with the text
> "<script>window.location='http://localhost/cgi-bin/k12/index.cgi'</
> script>". That's got to be good for some cool tricks...

I am running apache 2, so not Apple's so the new workaround works great
for me. However I can see Eric's point. I wonder if using a Ruby on
Rails server or even a little python server would provide to support
needed. Then the display would be something like
<http://0.0.0.0:3000/web_kit_workaround.pdf> Of course RoR would have
to be running which seems easy enough.

Cheers
Robert