[SVN] LaTeX notes, r720

Eric Hsu erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
Mon Apr 25 17:52:24 UTC 2005

Hey, the LaTeX bundle is coming along!  Here are some issues I noted.

1. (minor) The Entities Popup lists sections, which is extremely
cool. However, it would be even cooler if it listed them without the
surrounding \section{}

2. The new localhost workaround for PDFLaTeX seems to require Apache
to be running. I don't have an issue with that personally, but I
wonder about its suitability for broader use.  On the other hand, I
love it that we can call dynamic scripts from the HTML preview window
by previewing a file, FILE, with the text
"<script>window.location='http://localhost/cgi-bin/k12/index.cgi'</script>".
That's got to be good for some cool tricks...

best wishes, Eric
--
Eric Hsu, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
San Francisco State University
erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
http://math.sfsu.edu/hsu