[SVN] Re: question about Go To Symbol

Eric Hsu erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
Fri Apr 22 18:03:20 UTC 2005

At 7:47 PM +0200 4/22/05, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>>Well, I tried to be a good boy and I've changed the Perl bundle to
>>identify subroutines as declaration.function. However, turning on
>>Basic Settings (which in theory should mark those as
>>showInSymbolList) didn't show them. Is it because I had another
>>setting in my own Eric Theme that colors declaration.function? I
>>assumed the settings would cascade down...
>
>They do cascade, but the "Basic settings" expect a scope of:
>    declaration.function function-name
>
>So your rule should probably be:
>    {  name = "declaration.function"; match = "\\<sub\\s+([^ \\n]*)";
>       captures = { 1 = { name = "function-name"; }; };
>    },

Ay caramba, you are breaking my brain!  But I now understand what
that floating function-name means!  I fixed that now.

Wouldn't it be great if some talented writer on this list (hello?)
would start putting some documentation together?  :)

- Eric

ps. I love the italic teal on the comments.
--
Eric Hsu, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
San Francisco State University
erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
http://math.sfsu.edu/hsu