[SVN] appreciation for the little things in b6

Eric Hsu erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
Fri Apr 22 17:31:57 UTC 2005

hey Allan,

b6 is really a good step forward.  While the bundlers are fussing
about scope and coloring, I wanted to appreciate a couple of smaller
features that users might appreciate first!

1. Good work threading out the coloring routine. I can now load some
big files in an acceptable time. Before I had to use vi(!) to edit a
couple of big log files that TM barfed on.

2. The firstLine detect is fabulous. I didn't even notice it, until I
fired up an index.cgi and after a little while realized it had been
autodetected as Perl.

- Eric
--
Eric Hsu, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
San Francisco State University
erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
http://math.sfsu.edu/hsu