[TxMt] Re: Occasional performance hickups when editing, possibly my own fault. Any obvious way to profile TM performance?

Sun Nov 27 14:51:49 UTC 2016

On 27 Nov 2016, at 21:35, Bert Zangle wrote:

> The delays seems to be getting more frequent. Doesn't happen outside
> of TM,
> so I don't think it's a system-wide problem.
>
> My best guess right now is that either it's related to some regexes
> (as
> described above), or it's some other TM performance problem.

I doubt it is related to regular expressions in your custom grammar, as
these run in a separate thread.

It could either be that you have a command running “on document
changes” or possibly that you are out of memory and the delays are
causing by swapping memory out to disk.

When a delay happens you can run `sample TextMate 1` in a terminal to
see what TextMate is doing.

You may want to make an alias or bind this to a hotkey, so that you can
do it the instant you noticed that TextMate stalls.

You can also try to (install and then) run `pstree` when it is stalling
to see if there is any subprocess being run by TextMate.