[TxMt] Re: showing preview of css colors

Thu Jun 2 13:27:29 UTC 2016

On 2 Jun 2016, at 9:45, George McGinley Smith wrote:

> I have a command that's working, but it's slow – the method for
> clearing
> marks is definitely a bottleneck. So, yeah, it needs something simpler
> clear all the marks and probably some feedback on improving the speed
> (I'm
> not a ruby dev). Also, clearing without the line number seems to clear
> the
> marks for all open docs every time, rather than just the one you're
> looking
> at.

For the latter, specify the document e.g. via
`--uuid="$TM_DOCUMENT_UUID"`.

For the former, I added support for this in beta 9.4 which is available
by holding option down and clicking Check Now in Preferences →
Software Update.

> Perhaps saving a copy of the current files marks to a temp file would
> help, then you could read that in and remove them all.

I collected all the calls to `mate` into a single call in this version,
that way, there should be practically no flicker for the colored
squares:

https://gist.github.com/sorbits/69e77ecd69efed2251be3d9bf1f1864e

Also use `shellescape` method instead of single quotes and create cache
folder if it does not exist.