[TxMt] Re: showing preview of css colors

George McGinley Smith george at gsgd.co.uk
Thu Jun 2 07:45:48 UTC 2016

I have a command that's working, but it's slow – the method for clearing
marks is definitely a bottleneck. So, yeah, it needs something simpler to
clear all the marks and probably some feedback on improving the speed (I'm
not a ruby dev). Also, clearing without the line number seems to clear the
marks for all open docs every time, rather than just the one you're looking
at. Perhaps saving a copy of the current files marks to a temp file would
help, then you could read that in and remove them all.

https://gist.github.com/gdsmith/10b7eefa413af7d1ba914fc5dffe44e9

On 1 June 2016 at 07:35, Carpii UK <carpii.uk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thats beautiful :-)
>
> thankyou
>

> On 1 June 2016 at 03:56, Gerd Knops <gerti-textmate at bitart.com> wrote:
>
>> %!PS-Adobe-3.1 EPSF-3.0
>> %%BoundingBox: 0 0 10 10
>> newpath
>> 0 0 moveto
>> 0 10 rlineto
>> 10 0 rlineto
>> 0 -10 rlineto
>> closepath
>> 0.1 0.4 0.7 setrgbcolor
>> fill
>>

>> On May 31, 2016, at 21:20, Carpii UK <carpii.uk at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Had a couple of hours spare today, so set about trying to see how I could
>> generate an eps file from script (bash/PHP)
>>
>> Saving a 10*10 flat color eps from Illustrator resulted in a 400k file.
>> As Allan says, much of it will be boilerplate and error handling, but
>> either way, its not practical to strip that down to a barebone vector eps.
>>
>> Looking at the other software tools I had available, it seems many of
>> them don't actually create a true vector image, but simply embed a
>> rasterised bitmap inside an EPS wrapper (in which case it offers none of
>> the advantages of EPS, as we may aswell revert to PNG).
>>
>> Can anyone recommend some tools which are able to produce small eps
>> files, but are still actually vectors?
>>
>> Playing with ImageMagick at the moment, but Im not yet convinced thats
>> not rasterising the end result also
>>

>> On 31 May 2016 at 15:56, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On 2016-05-31 15:12, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>>>
>>> You need to also close stdout/err, example:

>>> Ah, that worked. Thanks.
>>>
>>> --
>>> /Jacob Carlborg

Kind regards,