[TxMt] Re: why am I suddenly Finding on the Desktop?

Sat Jul 16 20:10:26 UTC 2016

On 15 Jul 2016, at 19:27, Matt Neuburg wrote:

> Allan, can we call this a bug or at least undesirable? The html output
> window was produced from some project so maybe it can be associated
> with that project...?

Ideally the HTML window would be a “panel” so that the document
remains “main window” and will get the keys not handled by the HTML
window (like ⇧⌘F, but also bundle commands like re-running a build
on ⌘B or a script on ⌘R).

Unfortunately making the HTML window a panel has a few disadvantages,
for example one can no longer search the content of the HTML window
(with ⌘F) and with a HTML window frontmost, opening new window and
closing it again, will not bring focus back to the HTML window.

That said, this is on the list of issues I would very much like to
solve, the specific case with project folder could probably be solved
easier than the general case, as we can make a direct link between the
two windows, as I also want to link the file browser so that we can have
an option for searching what is currently selected there, so I will look
at it when I reach that item.