[TxMt] Re: Copy output produces no-break space

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Sep 30 06:41:37 UTC 2015

On 2015-09-30 05:32, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> The problem is that we convert command output on-the-fly to non-break
> spaces to get the proper spacing in the web view.
>
> The copy action was added later, and simply grab the content via the
> DOM, so here the information is lost.

Ok, I see. But why are not all spaces affected and why does it work when
I select the text manually and copy it?

> We did consider storing the real output somewhere (like a temporary
> file), but this was never implemented, even though it does also
> occasionally bother me.

Can't it just convert back to regular spaces? Or you'll not know if the
original output actually contained no-break spaces?

On the other hand, if the output is stored, one could implement some
kind of history of the outputs.

--
/Jacob Carlborg