[TxMt] Re: Copy output produces no-break space

Wed Sep 30 03:32:17 UTC 2015

On 26 Sep 2015, at 20:34, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

> In some cases, running something in TextMate which outputs spaces,
> then copying that using the "copy output" link in the output window
> and then pasting it in a new TextMate document, it will paste the
> spaces as no-break spaces [1].

The problem is that we convert command output on-the-fly to non-break
spaces to get the proper spacing in the web view.

The copy action was added later, and simply grab the content via the
DOM, so here the information is lost.

We did consider storing the real output somewhere (like a temporary
file), but this was never implemented, even though it does also
occasionally bother me.